Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New ward = speaking in church...

SO, we've been in WA for a month now and they finally asked us a couple weeks ago to speak in church, which we did this past Sunday. Not only did they ask us to speak, but speak for 15 minutes each on "Abstaining from Evil"!! Great... We equally could have given identical talks (you know, rattling off all the the do's and don't's, and should's and shouldn't's, how's and how not to's) but I think we did pretty good at splitting it up. I chose to talk on abstaining from the spirit of evil (meaning the disposition in which we conduct our lives) and Jared spoke more about the process of abstaining from evil.

You know, I'm always amazed how much you learn every time you open the scriptures because inevitably there is always something different going on in your thoughts and life every time you open them. Especially when you look at things from a different perspective. Jared got more laughs than I did, but I didn't have to speak for quite as long because I got to "introduce us" to everyone first. I think it was a win-win situation. :)

Well, I'm happy to say all went well and WE'RE DONE! Whew! No more talks until we move again... hopefully. Although, I am glad we had the opportunity. I really did learn a lot, despite being nervous about the talk. I really am happy that I'm a part of this gospel and have such a wonderful family in all of you to share that with. :)

No comments: